Saturday, October 20, 2007

Im a TEATRO, this is my life

It was done by the dynamic members last fun day (mid-year workshop) of TEATRO Lasalliana's Batch 23 (On The Edge Queue). Each and every one of the members shared their experiences from probationary member days to present. Lots of of them made me teary-eyed. Unfortunately I wasn’t capable to contribute my dissertation because I'm presently leave of absence but I’ll come back. For the meantime, its time to carve up my thoughts.

1st Week of May, I can’t remember when is the precise date. Following to the orientation of our college, we had this university sightsee together with the conscription of different organizations in DLSU. For the duration of our course, Lasallian Pointes and Flexes and DLSU-Brass Band performed, given that I'm a previous dancer I'm planning to join Pointes and Flexes. Then this girl came to me, she was Ate Radnee of TEATRO Lasalliana –solitary theater organization in DLSU. By means of Exposure Trip at CCP, complimentary acting workshops and scholarship, I'm so astonished so that day I directly filled-up an application form. Weeks passed by I truly don’t know If I will persevere to pursue my application form, rumors swell that TEATRO is that convoluted, complicated also they will mess up your social life and entire college life. But when the very last day of screening came, in spite of all the gossips, I passed my application form. I undergo three screenings and fortuitously I passed. July 7 2006, Batch 22 to be General Assembly, there were 23 of us but then instantly, we lessen one by one. Even for my part, I planned to give up, but with all of the foundations, I made it. We made it. October 22 2007, from 100 aspirants, down to 23 probees, it came along to 9 innovative members. We called ourselves LINDOL (there’s a chronicle behind that). We became new members, more pressure, more demands, more expectations and more opportunity. Despite the verity that we have restless nights, deficiency in our class, I don’t know why I'm still here. Every now and then, I crave to stop; I feel like to be an usual student. But I don’t identify why I keep holding on to this organization, to this family. Yes a FAMILY, maybe its one of the reason why I carry on on holding, I found a new family, a new life. A family that ceaselessly there when I call for them, particularly throughout my financial catastrophe days, a family that I know will never bestow me to others, a family that accepted me for who I am, no qualm no suspicions. Right now, as I’ve said I'm presently LOA. Next semester I’ll be back to study again but sorry to say I can’t go back to TEATRO. I necessitate filling up what I’ve missed in school so I be able to come back next summer. It was depressing; when Batch 23 crossed the threshold I wasn’t there to contribute my wisdom that I’ve learned from my seniors. But hey, this isn’t the end of the world. I know I’ll be back (although I need to catch-up a lot). I’ll be an Alumnus. I’ll be a mentor to the upcoming batches. I'm overconfident that I'm a TEATRO Member. Go For Truth!

No comments: